Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave-In Moisturizer | Product Review


Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Oriinal Leave-In Moisturier | Product Review

I absolutely fell in love with my first Carol’s Daughter product, Marguerite’s Magic Restorative Cream Hairdress, because it's designed to help rejuvenate, repair and moisturize damaged hair.

It left my hair stronger, smelling great and soft to the touch so when I found myself in desperate need of a leave in conditioner that left my hair nourished and touchably soft for more than just an hour or two, I turned to the product line once again with the assumption that all of their products would work equally well for my coarse, afro textured, type 4 natural hair.


I headed back down to the nearest store and purchased an eight ounce bottle of Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave in Moisturizer for just under $20. The product claims to “intensely hydrate your hair” due to the Cocoa and Shea butters it contains. 

The natural Soybean oil and Agave nectar on the ingredient list are said to strengthen hair and to keep moisture “locked in” creating a deep-moisturizing effect that you and your hair will love and appreciate. Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave In Moisturizer contains no parabens, petroleum, mineral oil or artificial colors as is typical of all of their products.

Users of the product are instructed to apply a quarter sized amount to soaking wet hair after co-washing, to then squeeze out any excess water and add more of the product as needed. I applied a quarter sized amount of the product to clean damp natural hair as instructed and allowed my hair to air dry. 

The product left my hair dry and hard to the touch. My hair only became soft and manageable after adding much more of the product to my hair and over the course of the day my hair became hard and dry once again.


Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave In Moisturizer didn’t work well for me when I used it as directed but, strangely enough, it works very well as a moisturizer when I apply it to my completely dry hair. When I seal it in with my homemade creamy whipped Shea butter my hair remains moisturized and soft to the touch all day long.


Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Original Leave In Moisturizer is not a product that can produce the best results for coarse, type 4, afro textured hair on its own. It absolutely must be used with other products, especially a natural oil to seal the hair, in order to achieve maximum effectiveness for this hair type.

Author:
Chanel Polk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks