From Me to You | My Story


From Me to You

Forever Natural Hair was born during my quest to achieve healthy hair. Years of applying relaxers and wearing my hair in tightly braided hairstyles had left me with long but lifeless and thinning hair.


In a moment of frustration I did a Google search for ways to thicken relaxed hair but I soon discovered that there was no real way to achieve thickness once hair has been fried beyond repair. 

That same Google search yielded images of women who had thick, long and healthy hair that was not chemically treated - all natural.


I had wanted to go natural since right before I graduated high school in the late ‘90’s, back when dreadlocks were coming into fashion for people my age in Chicago, but I felt they were too limiting because I could never pick them apart so I chose to wear individual braids instead. 


I had learned how to braid my own hair from my mother so putting in hair extensions was even cheaper than maintaining a relaxer. Braids became my weave of choice. 


Yes, I was addicted.  


I wore them through college – not having to style my hair for months on end was a big plus, and I wore them through my pregnancy. 


I usually only relaxed my hair during the warmer months and even then I usually put in a sew- in weave! Eventually all of the pulling, tugging and extra weight from the added hair took its toll.

So, I decided to say no to relaxers forever and (weaves for now) in order to achieve maximum health for my hair. After a year of transitioning I did the big chop on my own hair and ran into what looked to be a brick wall.

I didn’t know I had coarse hair until the chemically treated hair had been removed and I hard time finding information online regarding how to care for my hair type. I adapted the information I did find to suit my hair care needs and began to have hair success. 

I am not a professional hair stylist – I just know what works for my hair and I want to share it with you.


Chanel Polk
Editor-in-Chief
Forever Natural Hair.com



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks