A Love Letter to My Natural Hair

Totally in Love with Natural Hair


This is my love letter to my hair. We usually write love letters to our husbands or boyfriends to express our feelings so why not write a love letter to our hair?


Dear Kinky Curly Ringlet Diva,


You mean the world to me. I didn’t understand all of the textures that I was working with but I’m glad I got a chance to meet and discover just how beautiful you are.

I’ve learned that you need love, nurturing and understanding just like everyone else.

I’ve learned to listen to you.

You are in control of my natural hair journey and no matter what mood you are in I have to accept that. Sometimes you’re on point and other days I just want to scream because I can’t do a darn thing with you but you must know that I love you regardless how frizzy and uncontrollable you are at times.

I love it when we have our Ultimate Diva Spa Weekends together because I get to wash and condition you. Who can forget about those steam and deep penetrating mask treatments that consist of every essential oil and Oh we can’t forget about the leave in conditioners.

I know you like when I gently brush and detangle you. I know sometimes it can be a chore, but hey we make a good team so it’s worth it. I promise to trim you when necessary and to make sure that you can continue to grow and be the best Kinky Curly Ringlet Diva that you can be.

I know when you need extra moisture because you show it by being dull and frizzy and for that I apologize. I pinky swear promise that I will make it up to you. Next hair haul day is going to be fabulous. When we meet again for our next Ultimate Spa Weekend you will be truly pleased. After all, God created you to be with me for a lifetime and I will do everything in my spirit and soul to keep you healthy and happy.

I also promise to always love, respect, and welcome any new challenges that may arise with you. After all, life is about change and I’m in for the long haul.

Well my Kinky Curly Ringlet Diva, you know how I feel about you. It’s time for us to continue to evolve together and see where this beautiful unscripted journey takes us.

Love from your proud owner,
Simply Rose’s Daughter

Author:
Simply Rose’s Daughter
FNH Contributor




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

6 comments :

Ryh100 said...

I love this blog. As a black women all you hear is tips on how to straighten our hair. It is so refreshing to read someone who loves and embraces our natural curls and textures instead of straightening them away. Beautiful, thank you!

India C. said...

This article is absolutely AMAZING! I love the style/approach of it being in a letter form. What I love the most is how informative it is on how to take care of your hair even from a personal point of view.

Although it is a letter I love how you kept your audience in mind by referring back to the fact that this article is in fact about hair care and the overall experiences that may come with it (especially dealing with natural hair). This article is both informative and encouraging for those of us who are not too familiar with the process of proper hair care whether relaxed, colored, or natural.

I am truly inspired by this article to look at my hair from a different perspective and realize that it is like a marriage. We may fight, get tangled up, have our better days, and compliment each other, but in the end we are a unit and we need to take care of each other.

What an AWESOME approach! Thank you for the inspiration and helping me to view my hair from a better perspective. Now excuse me while I go tame these sassy tangles :)

Nikki said...

What a beautiful love letter to your hair, Simply Rose's Daughter. Far too often we complain about ourselves when really we should be embracing every single inch of us! I look forward to reading more from you!

Unknown said...

AWESOME!!! Love letter to your hair!! This love letter makes me look at my hair a little different, thank you, can't wait to hear more from you, Simply Rose's Daughter!! :-)

DCG said...

I really enjoyed this letter! What a unique concept of writing a love letter to your hair! A very interesting read and it may want to read more!

Amanda F. said...

I looove this!

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks