Scalp Psoriasis | Products That Work for Type 4 Naturals

Scalp Psoriasis | Products that Work for Type 4 Naturals

Those who have been following me on Forever Natural Hair.com know that I suffer from scalp psoriasis.

Let me start off by saying that any scalp condition that you may be experiencing should be evaluated by a health professional before you decide to take matters into your own hands. Here’s a listing of products that make my hair look wonderful and keep my condition under control.

Related Article: Psoriasis, Natural Hair and a New Me  

Here are the products that have helped me keep my scalp psoriasis under control:
                                                           Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap

                                                            
                                                               Olive or Coconut Oil


                                                            KeraCare Cleansing Cream

                                                               

Infusium 21 Conditioner with Moringa Oil


All of these items except for the Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap & KeraCare Cleansing Cream can be purchased at Wal-Mart or any drug store.

Retail Price and Where to Buy:

Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap | GNC for under $5
KeraCare Cleansing Cream | JC Penney Hair Salon for $17
Olive and Coconut Oil | Wal-Mart for $5
Infusium 21 Conditioner with Moringa Oil | Wal-Mart for $9

My Scalp Psoriasis Fighting Natural Hair Regimen:


I wash my hair once a week. First, I start off with the KeraCare Cleansing Cream which removes all of the products that are in my hair and it doesn’t dry my hair out at all. Then, I follow with Grandpa’s Pine Tar Soap. I usually lather at least 3 times and each time I let the soap remain on my hair for at least 5 minutes before I rinse. After, I rinse I follow with Infusium 21 Conditioner with Moringa oil. This conditioner right here is the TRUTH!!! It leaves my hair soft, shiny and most of all moisturized which is what all us natural ladies need in our hair….MOISTURE!!

When I do a hot oil treatment which is once a month I use Olive Oil and for a daily seal on my hair I use Coconut Oil.

Ok, now I know we are all guilty of wanting to try new products but one thing I must stress  especially if you have scalp conditions…BE CAREFUL!

When you find products that actually work please keep them as your staple products and do not change them. Using different products on your hair and scalp can really be irritating especially if you suffer from any scalp conditions.

Related Article: Natural Hair Salon Visit Nightmare | From a Stylist That Wouldn’t Listen to One Who Would

So ladies, these are the products that I use to help me with my condition. Is my scalp psoriasis cured? No, but it is under control, which is a total blessing.

Please take care of the health of your hair and scalp and pay attention when your scalp talks.

Author:
Simply Rose's Daughter
FNH Contributor



No comments :

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks