Nappy Hair | My Point of View

Naturally Amazing, Pretty, Powerful and be Yourself


No matter what your reasons are for being natural please remember that your reasons are just that – your Reasons.

You don’t need society’s approval to do what you feel is acceptable.

Acceptance is being able to accept yourself just the way you are and being comfortable in your own skin. Even in this day and age I still hear people making negative comments about our hair.

One of the words that I hear often is “nappy”. It’s time to give that word a new meaning. Let’s Go!

Naturally

Amazing

Pretty

Powerful and be

Yourself

So when someone refers to your beautiful texture as “nappy” hold your head up high and agree with them because you are exactly what that acronym means.

People are so quick to judge our hair just because they lack understanding. I would rather someone ask me about my hair instead of putting me in a box.

Then, there are people who think that natural hair is ugly and prefer relaxed hair. I believe this world is big enough for natural and relaxed women. We don’t need any more judgment in the world. God created us to be unique in our own way. We all have our own individual styles but that doesn’t make one better than the other.

We need to focus on teaching one another, especially our daughters, to embrace what God has blessed them with. You don’t need to have long, flowing straight hair to be beautiful or accepted. God knew you before you knew yourself so why alter a masterpiece.

As a woman working in Corporate America, I get stares all the time because I’m natural. I often tell people that my hair represents strength and encouragement to others. I do have a brain and a business degree behind me as well. Look at my qualifications before you place a label on me.

My mission is to let everyone know that being natural and N.A.P.P.Y is a blessing and it’s up to all of us how we handle the blessing that we were all given. To the young ladies who are struggling with identity issues - don’t let anyone tell you that you are not beautiful because you are. Beauty equals courage to be yourself and being yourself is simply breathe taking.

Be mindful of others when making comments about their hair because you don’t know the entire journey that led them to their destination. Just know that they had the courage to ride out the storm.

We are beautiful regardless of what people say about us. We are strong and are a force to be reckoned with. Natural beauty radiates from our spirits and that’s a place that no one can touch.

Simply Rose’s Daughter is a woman of faith, wife, mother and natural hair blogger who is dedicated to helping others. She lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Love it, love it, love it, im still trying to find the right product for my hair, I use eco gel but sometimes it makes it look short, but I love my natural hair jus wash & go!! :-) But this article is right on point!! N.A.P.P.Y. Cant wait for the next one.....

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks