The Perfect Time to Straighten Your Natural Hair


Erykah Badu with straightened hair

If you’re like me, just the thought of straightening your natural hair can create a near panic. A steady stream of questions typically begins to flood my mind until it’s nearly overflowing almost immediately.


“Does the weather forecast call for rain today?”


“How warm is it outside?”


“Will I be doing anything that will make me sweat?”


Any of these questions sound familiar?

Naturals who have gone through the often lengthy process of straightening their hair to any extent with any method that doesn’t involve the use of chemical treatments try to avoid even the smallest amounts of moisture.



While moisture is required for nourishing natural hair that is in its condensed, naturally curly state, the opposite is true for non-chemically treated straightened hair. 

Even the smallest amount of moisture will cause straightened hair to revert to its naturally curly state, turning a slick straight hairdo into a nest of curls with straight ends.

Related Article: Hype Hair Magazine's Online Natural Hair Tip Feature Provides Hair Help


My mind was put to rest when I decided to use the seasons as my guide.  I’ve discovered that autumn is the perfect time for me to straighten my natural hair because the pleasantly cool temperatures keep me from overheating and the threat of rain is nearly nonexistent - at least for a few months.


Wearing straightened natural hair on days with cooler temperatures can give that little bit of reassurance that your natural hair will remain the way that you styled it all day long without it turning into a frizzy mess. 

Finding the perfect time to straighten your natural hair gives you an added degree of control over how your hair looks and the confidence and freedom to change your hair with the knowledge that you will always look your best.

Author:
Chanel Polk



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks