Blow Out and Flat Iron Your Natural Hair in 3 Easy Steps


Blow Dryer


Over the weekend I did something that I always wanted to try … a blow out!


I enjoyed every moment of it. I was able to see the true length of my hair. I have a full afro and I love it! I thought to myself, since I’ve done the blowout why not take it a step further, and I did – FLAT IRON. Ahhhh, the experience was life changing for me.

Treat you hair like your family. You will do what it takes to protect your loved ones and the same rule applies to natural hair. It’s important to protect it while blow drying and flat ironing to avoid heat damage. I used a heat protectant when I did both. I’m grateful that I had no breakage at all. 


Here are my easy steps for blowing out natural hair:

Step 1


  • Section your hair into workable sections ( I had 6 sections – 3 on each side ).
  • Detangle, detangle, detangle!
  • Apply a good leave in conditioner.

Step 2
  • Get a detangling brush.
  • Coat your hair with your favorite heat protectant and oil. ( I used coconut oil. )
  • Use blow dryer on medium heat.

When your hair has dried it will look like a diva fro (YESSSSSSS! You couldn’t tell me NOTHING!).

Now it’s time for flat ironing…. LET’S BEGIN

Step 1


Important! Coat your hair with heat protecant.

  • Section your hair into workable and manageable sections.
  • Clip each section of hair so that it’s not in your way.
  • Do not use the highest heat setting on your curling iron. (I set my flat iron to 300. It goes up to 410).
  • Rule of thumb - pass through each section once if possible. I used multiple passes to get the desired look I wanted. However you know your hair. Do what’s best for you.
  • Once completed I sprayed my hair with a humidity block oil sheen.
  • Wrap your hair in a circular motion.
  • Cover with a silk scarf.
BED TIME ...
MORNING TIME … YAWN … RUBBING EYES …

The next morning I took my hair down and it had so much sheen and body that I was totally in heaven. I was in love with my hair again. 


I was able to maintain the style for over a week. After the week was done I did a high bun because the heat and rain where I live has been crazy and I didn’t want to lose my hair style. This may sound crazy but I style my hair according to the weather. When there’s no humidity I wear it straight or curly. In extreme heat I wear a high bun.

Whatever your style of choice please use caution and care when using heat. I only flat iron my hair once a month even though I’m using a heat protectant.

So my natural beauties, as you can see our hair is versatile! Have fun discovering all of the unique styles that you can achieve. There are no limits on the styles we can wear and no boundaries. Live It – Own It – Love It – Hydrate it - Protect It -Style it!

Author:
Simply Rose’s Daughter is a woman of faith, wife, mother and natural hair blogger who is dedicated to helping others. She lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips And TricksBlogger Tricks